About Botulism Blog
Botulism Warning - Stonewall Kitchen
The Colorado Department of Public Health is warning people across the state after a series of dessert sauces were recalled because they could have potentially contained botulism.
The health department says Stonewall Kitchen of York, Maine is recalling seven dessert sauces. They may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, which could cause a life-threatening illness or death.
The health department says people in Colorado could have gotten the sauces out of a catalogue or from the Internet.
Here is a list of the recalled sauces:
• Stonewall Kitchen Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce, (SKU 161312) – round glass jar, 12 oz.
• Stonewall Kitchen Chocolate Peanut Butter (SKU 161211) – round glass jar, 12 oz.
• Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce (SKU 161204) – round glass jar, 13 oz.
• Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche Sauce (SKU 161214) – round glass jar, 12.5 oz.
• Barefoot Contessa Espresso Dulce de Leche (SKU 542313) – round glass jar, 10.5 oz.