About Botulism Blog
Chai Mix Recalled By Montana's Tipu's Tiger
We are waiting for the first sickness and death from Tipu’s Tiger Chai Concentrate because it may be taited with Clostridium botulinum. The product was recalled Tuesday by Tipu’s Tiger Chai of Missoula, MT.
Consumers are warned not to use the product even if it does not look or smell spoiled as the bacterium can cause life-threatening illness or death.
Botulism, a potentially fatal form of food poisoning, can cause the following symptoms: general weakness, dizziness, double-vision and trouble with speaking or swallowing. Difficulty in breathing, weakness of other muscles, abdominal distension and constipation may also be common symptoms. People experiencing these problems after consuming this product should seek immediate medical attention.
Tipu’s Tiger Chai Concentrate was distributed, primarily to stores and coffee kiosks in western Montana and one café in Prescott, Arizona using the concentrate for mixed beverages sold on-site. Limited distribution of the bottled product was made directly to consumers in Western Montana.
For more information, go here.