About Botulism Blog
FDA Issues More Details on Stonewall Kitchen Recall
Here’s more on the Stonewall Kitchen recall. The York, Maine-based company warns consumers the sauces listed may be contaminated with deadly botulism. None should be consumed even if they still look or smell okay. The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) carries this summary on its website:
The following list of products was distributed nationwide to consumers through the nine Stonewall Kitchen Company Stores, Stonewall Kitchen’s direct-to-consumer division (catalog/internet) and through their wholesale division. Products could have been purchased individually or within a gift basket. This recall affects all product codes and expiration dates for:
- Stonewall Kitchen Chocolate Hazelnut Sauce (SKU 161312) – round glass jar, 12 oz.
- Stonewall Kitchen Chocolate Peanut Butter (SKU 161211) – round glass jar, 12 oz.
- Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce (SKU 161204) – round glass jar, 13 oz.
- Stonewall Kitchen Dulce de Leche Sauce (SKU 161214) – round glass jar, 12.5 oz.
- Barefoot Contessa Espresso Dulce de Leche (SKU 542313) – round glass jar, 10.5 oz.
Additionally, the following list of products was distributed nationwide to consumers through A-Hold Corporation (Stop & Shop and Giant stores). This recall affects all product codes and expiration dates for:
- Simply Enjoy Coffee Caramel Sauce – square glass jar, 13 oz.
- Simply Enjoy Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce – square glass jar, 12 oz
The rest of Stonewall’s press release can be found at the FDA site here.